Sunday 12 January 2014

Ministry of Culture WIP

After meeting up with Richard C at the Penkridge Tabletop Wargames sale last Sunday and discussing the table layout and plans for the Crisis Point 3 event in April I decided I better crack on with some of the terrain. This year its a 20mm Arc of Fire event based on events in the fictional Black Sea country of Andreivia. The capital Tcherbevan is under threat from several factions within the country and several neighboring states. I am responsible for the City Centre area terrain and I have been working on the Andreivian Ministry of Culture. Some WIP shots.

I had started this building a couple of years ago for an Operation Dragoon WWII game which never happened and thought it would be great for the Ministry of Culture.  

On a recent holiday in Barcelona while queueing for the Picasso Museum a street seller was offering fans for 1 euro. Didn't take much notice at first but then my 'wargamers' eye was attracted to the decorative wooden fans. 'Now they could be useful one day' I thought and I was right as can be seen by the decorative windows on the Ministry of Culture.

Another view of the windows.

I decided to remove the porch section from the original models and again make use of the Barcelona fans to make some decorative wooden doors.

Originally it was planned to have a tiled roof on the left hand section but I decided to continue the flat roof theme from the right side so figures can be stood on the roof.

Thanks for looking

1 comment: